Sacral Chakra Yoga Flow Sequence: Practice, Save, Teach It
Our sacral chakra yoga flow sequence is meant for you to save, screenshot, download, practice or teach. We hope you use it in whatever way serves you best. This sacral chakra yoga flow is all about tapping into our body's second energy center. To understand what that means, let's take a look at the Svadhisthana Chakra, or sacral chakra.
About the Sacral Chakra: Svadhisthana Chakra
Sacral Chakra, known as Svadhisthana in Sanskrit, is the second primary chakra according to yogic and tantric traditions. Here is an overview:
1. Location: The Sacral Chakra is located in the lower abdomen, about two inches below the navel, and a couple of inches in. It encompasses the genital region and the hypogastric plexus.
2. Color: The associated color is usually orange.
3. Symbol: It is typically symbolized by a lotus with six petals. Within the lotus, there may be a crescent moon symbolizing the connection of the chakra with the water element and the phases of the moon.
4. Element: The associated element is water, which relates to fluidity, movement, and change.
5. Sense: Taste.
6. Function: The Sacral Chakra governs our ability to connect with others, form relationships, and experience pleasure. It's also the center of our creativity and procreative energies.
7. Physical Associations: Physiologically, it's linked with the reproductive system, kidneys, bladder, and the circulatory system.
8. Emotional and Psychological Associations: Svadhisthana is related to our emotions, sexual and sensual energies, desires, creativity, and fantasies. An open and balanced Sacral Chakra promotes feelings of passion, pleasure, and a strong sense of self-worth and self-awareness. It also helps foster creativity and the ability to be genuine in relationships.
9. Imbalances: An imbalance or blockage in the Sacral Chakra can lead to emotional instability, feelings of guilt or shame (especially related to sensuality or past relationships), lack of creativity or passion, and difficulty forming meaningful relationships. Physically, imbalances might manifest as reproductive issues, urinary problems, kidney dysfunctions, hip, pelvic and low back pain.
10. Practices for Balancing: To balance and activate the Sacral Chakra, consider:
- Yoga poses: Poses like Pigeon Pose, Goddess Pose, and Bridge Pose can stimulate this area.
- Meditation: Focusing on the location of the chakra and visualizing an orange light or the crescent moon can help.
- Crystals: Stones like carnelian, orange calcite, and snowflake obsidian.
- Aromatherapy: Scents like ylang-ylang, sandalwood, and clary sage.
- Affirmations: Positive affirmations like "I deserve pleasure in my life," or "I embrace life with passion and enjoy plunging into joy and happiness."
- Engage in creative activities like dancing, painting, or any form of self-expression.
11. Sound: The seed sound or mantra associated with the Sacral Chakra is "VAM".
Understanding and working with the Sacral Chakra can foster a greater sense of pleasure, creativity, and emotional well-being. As with all energetic practices, it's essential to approach the process with an open mind and heart, seeking balance rather than forcing change.
How Do You Know When the Sacral Chakra Is Out of Balance?
The Sacral Chakra, or Svadhisthana in Sanskrit, is a central vortex of energy associated with emotions, sensuality, creativity, and relationships. Recognizing an imbalance in the Sacral Chakra is crucial because its harmonious function influences our ability to feel pleasure, express ourselves, and form meaningful connections. The following indicators can suggest that the Sacral Chakra might be out of balance:
Emotional Irregularities: A primary indicator of an imbalanced Sacral Chakra is emotional instability. You might experience rapid mood swings, feelings of apathy, or heightened emotional sensitivity. Instead of going with the flow of emotions, you might find yourself either overwhelmed by them or completely detached.
Relationship Difficulties: The Sacral Chakra governs our connections with others. A blockage or imbalance can lead to difficulties in forming and maintaining relationships. This might manifest as a fear of intimacy, commitment issues, or consistently choosing unhealthy relationships.
Sexual Problems: As the center of our sexual energy, issues related to sexuality often indicate an imbalance in the Sacral Chakra. This could range from a decreased libido to feelings of guilt or shame surrounding sexuality. It might also lead to reproductive issues or other physical problems in the pelvic region.
Creative Blockages: A well-functioning Sacral Chakra fuels our creative energies. If you find yourself lacking inspiration, struggling with creative expression, or stifling your imaginative instincts, this chakra might be blocked.
Physical Symptoms: The body often mirrors spiritual and energetic imbalances. In the case of the Sacral Chakra, you might experience lower back pain, kidney problems, urinary issues, or reproductive ailments. These physical symptoms, especially when unexplained by other medical reasons, can hint at an energetic imbalance.
Dependency Issues: An unhealthy Sacral Chakra might manifest as dependency on external validation or substances. This could range from a need for constant reassurance in relationships to more severe dependencies like addiction to drugs, alcohol, or unhealthy behaviors.
Poor Boundaries: Difficulty setting and maintaining personal boundaries is another hallmark of a Sacral Chakra imbalance. You might consistently put others' needs before your own, struggle to say 'no,' or find yourself in situations where your boundaries are disrespected or violated.
Lack of Passion: The fiery passion for life, interests, and activities can wane when the Sacral Chakra is out of balance. You might feel listless, uninterested in things you once loved, or feel a general lack of enthusiasm for life.
Low Self-worth: Your sense of self-worth and your place in the world is partly governed by the Sacral Chakra. If it's imbalanced, feelings of inadequacy, self-doubt, or a general sense of not being 'enough' can prevail.
Difficulty Adapting to Change: Water is the element associated with the Sacral Chakra, symbolizing fluidity and adaptability. An imbalance might cause resistance to change, making transitions or adaptability more challenging than usual.
Recognizing these signs is the first step in addressing an imbalance. Through targeted practices like yoga, meditation, energy healing, and even therapy, it's possible to realign and balance the Sacral Chakra. Like any aspect of well-being, it's essential to approach chakra imbalances with patience, understanding, and a commitment to holistic health.
Our Sacral Chakra Yoga Flow
In our sacral chakra yoga flow, we invite you to tap into the element of water and visualize the color orange while practicing yoga postures that will help stimulate the second energy center of the body, the Svadhisthana chakra or sacral chakra.
These are the yoga postures in our Sacral Chakra Yoga Flow:
Reclined Bound Angle Pose
Knees to Chest Pose
Cat / Cow Pose
Downward Facing Dog Pose
High Lunge Pose
Warrior I Pose
Warrior II Pose
Reverse Warrior Pose
Wide Legged Forward Bend
Goddess Pose Twists
Goddess Hip Circles
Left Nostril Breath (Lunar Breath)
Bound Angle Pose
Happy Baby Pose
Learn How to Sequence a Yoga Class for the Sacral Chakra